Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19th ~ Pork Chops on a Stick

Years ago I was at the Kentucky State Fair in Louisville covering the World's Grand Championship Horse Show for an industry publication. The show is held in the storied Freedom Hall. The Fairgrounds are huge but because I was working I only got to see the parts that had to do with the Horse Show. It is a spectacular show by the way, if you are a horse enthusiast, or Shorts person in general. The only other thing I got to partake in at the show was the famous Pork Chop sandwich!

I have never been able to capture the perfection of this sandwich, but in honor of the 108th Kentucky State Fair going on now, I am making Grilled Pork Chops on a Stick and Corn on the Cob with scallion butter

Yum!

I found two nice boneless chops at the market.


Then rubbed them down in my favorite spices.


I used smoked paprika, garlic, red pepper, chili powder, brown sugar and some more secret stuff. I also first dipped in bourbon. 

Soak your corn, still in stalk, and then put on the grill. I put it on the top rack. About 15 minutes later, I put the chops on, after I have have pushed a water soak stick through the long part of the chop.

Once the corn is cooked, you can start the butter.



The butter is just chopped green onions, salt and cracked pepper.


Once the chops are grilled to your liking, let them stand for 5 minutes. Then plate up and you are immediately transported to your favorite Summer Fair! 


Enjoy!










   

No comments:

Post a Comment