Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20th, Inspired Dishes

This has been a busy weekend. My niece, Katie, graduated from 8th grade on Friday night; then rocked it out at Ram Jam with her band on Saturday night.


Here is a little dish on this fireball that inspires me. When she was a little girl she was a night owl. I bunked at my brothers for a few months when I moved back to Georgia a little over 10 years ago. When I would get home from a late night of work I could count on Katie to sneak out of her bed and come down the stairs, sucking her thumb threaded with her silky bunky, to snuggle with me while we watched Letterman.

When she turned 10, I took her to Last Resort for a 'fancy' birthday lunch and the server commented on how impressed she was with Katie's manners ~ she ordered the Crab Cakes by the full name instead of just saying, “I'll have the Crab Cakes”; she said please and thank you without any prompting and she managed to keep her elbows off the table the entire meal. All of which I am not sure I accomplished.

When I first heard Katie perform her music it was on the main stage at AthFest ~ which is a pretty big deal in the music scene of a pretty big deal music town ~ Athens, GA. I never even knew she wanted to sing or could sing. I was nervous. Then, once she cranked up on her lead vocal performance of Pat Benatar's Heartbreaker, all the crowd started to flock to the stage from the art booths and beer gardens and BMX demonstrations and my hands were shaking while I tried to take a video because I was crying pride tears. The more I see her perform the more inspired I become. Maybe I had something to do with preparing her for the rock star life with all those late nights of snuggling.

Now, I am tooling around the yard and house searching for inspiration for what to cook for dinner today and I happen upon this:


...and this...


...and this...


...and this...



...and finally this...


...so I made this...


...because I have been inspired to prefect these...



...and that is a good way to spend a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment