Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20th ~ My Belly's Doing Flip-flops!


Yes, one would think this was the best part of my day! But wait there is more.

Today was my birthday and my niece and nephew who have been hanging out with me this week treated me to my favorite local restaurant, Bob's Small Town Grille in Royston, GA.I arrived home from work to a beautiful handmade card and a glass of wine and the news of where they were taking me. Those kids are good!

When we arrived at BSTG we were greeted by the best waitress ever, I have no idea why I didn't ask her name. We decided on the Blackened Shrimp over Cheesy Ranch Grits special; a Salmon BLT and Lobster Ravioli for appetizer. 

The Lobster Ravioli was so good and gone so fast that I didn't have time to figure out the camera on my new phone. So I don't have a picture of it. But our awesome waitress did bring us bread to sop up the extra sauce after my niece said 'I could eat a smoothie of that stuff'!

Then our Shrimp and Grits came.


Oh my Lord. It was like my stomach started cartwheels just at the sight of it. I kept thinking of that childhood song, Goody Goody Gumdrops, My Heart is Doing Flip-flops...but inserted Belly for Heart!

The Salmon BLT went the way of the Lobster Ravioli. Once we sliced it in thirds, tasted it, oohhed and aahhed, it was gone and we forgot to get a picture. But trust me it was so yummy!

But of course the best part was, K-Poo;


and the Quarterback!


Yeah, we got the Red Velvet Cheesecake to go...we didn't want to embarrass ourselves in front of Bob and the world's best waitress as we dove in face first! 

Ya'll gotta go there I am telling you! Live music tomorrow!! Check it out, I think Elvis will be in the building!




No comments:

Post a Comment