Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th ~ Red, White & Blue Burgers!

Happy 4th of July everyone. This is a favorite holiday of mine. I have fond memories of our family gatherings on this holiday and as all our family gatherings go; it is all about the food. Today I am sharing with you the Red, White & Blue Burger; I made up the name and stole the idea from Guy Fieri. I saw a segment with him on The Today Show where he made these burgers he called the Outside In Burger. Over the years I have made them with several different combinations of ‘insides’ but in honor of the 4th, we will go with this version.

Yeah, go ahead and get your beer on ice too.

You will need ground beef, blue cheese, red onion, salt and pepper to make these burgers.


I take the meat and form a boat.


Fill the boat with blue cheese.


Then a grilled red onion

And then I make a boat of beef for the top and form it so no one has any idea it is stuffed!


Now let it hit the grill. Be sure not to ever puss down on your burger while you are grilling so you retain all the juices.

People cook their burger to their own liking but remember you have some cheese to melt in there so give it enough time for that.

Now I serve it with watercress, a fresh herb mayo and sliced tomato.


And a cold beer of course.


Honestly, no matter how I have ever made this burger...stuffed with cheddar and bacon, chorizo and jalapenos; mushroom and Swiss...it is always a big hit. You can't go wrong, I promise.


I am making these for the 4th, because I am practicing for the day Bob's Small Town Grill calls me to help on Burger Night. What are you cooking for the 4th?

 Be safe and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment